IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PASSENGERS: THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT GOVERN YOUR TRIP BOOKING. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS THE “AGREEMENT” CONSTITUTE A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT AND THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT GOVERNING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY. THERE IS NO VERBAL OR WRITTEN REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, PRIOR AGREEMENT OR DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSED HEREIN. READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCEPTING. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT ACCEPT. CANCELLING YOUR RESERVATION PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT TO OBTAIN A REFUND OF ANY DEPOSIT PAID. ONCE ACCEPTED, THIS AGREEMENT CANNOT SUBSEQUENTLY BE REJECT, AND CANCELLATION OF YOUR RESERVATION MAY BE SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE CANCELLATION PENALTIES.
Acceptance of this Agreement certifies that you are of legal age and have full legal authority to enter into a contractual agreement for services for yourself. You further affirm that you have read the terms of this Passenger Agreement and that you understand and accept all such terms and conditions. The Passenger Agreement terms must be accepted within 14 days (72 hours for bookings made within 40 days of departure), or your reservation will be canceled.
Lifetime Deposit Terms and Conditions
The Customer must place a minimum deposit of $200 to reserve their spot on any of the Company’s tours. If the Customer has to cancel their reservation, the initial $200 can be transferable to another tour in the future. Any amount paid above the minimum $200 deposit will be subject to the Company’s Standard Cancellation Policy (XVIII). In the event of cancellation, the $200 deposit can only be transferred in the Customer’s name. If the $200 deposit is not transferred or credited towards another Globalized Citizen trip within 720 days after the initial trip cancellation, the funds will be forfeited.
Terms and Conditions
These Booking Conditions are valid for all Freund Enterprises, Inc. and/or Globalized Citizen tours departing after April 1, 2016, and are subject to change with or without notice. For the most current Booking Conditions, visit www.globalizedcitizen.com/bookingconditions. Tours are operated outside of the continental United States by Freund Enterprises, Inc. referred to herein as “Company.” Users accessing this site will collectively be referred to as “Customer.”
ITEMS INCLUDED WITH PURCHASE:
Program price based on standard rooming occupancy (see Rooming section)
• $200 non-refundable deposit which includes the following:
• Processing services by Company staff to secure your space on the tour
• Preliminary reservations with hotels, and other suppliers
• Departure fees and surcharges imposed by governmental agencies and, occasionally, hotels and/or other fees
• Providers or services to cover such things as federal or foreign government imposed fees and security fee
• Tour Director
• Hand-picked Accommodations
• Specified city orientations (led by Tour Director)
• Specified sightseeing tours and excursions led by local guides
• Specified entrance fees
• Welcome mixer at the beginning of tour (drinks and appetizers with your group)
• Farewell group dinner and other meals as specified in the itinerary
• Specified bus, ferry, train or other transportation between cities and activities
• Support from Company representatives while abroad
• 24-hour worldwide emergency service
III. ITEMS NOT INCLUDED IN PURCHASE
• Optional excursions
• Airfare Transportation
• Rooming Upgrades
• Travel Protection
• Beverages, lunch, and dinner (except where specified in the itinerary)
• Transportation to free-time activities
• Customary gratuities (for your Tour Director, bus drivers and local guides)
• Applicable baggage-handling fees imposed by the airlines
• Expenses caused by airline rescheduling, cancellations or delays
• Inclement weather, events beyond Company control, and/or acts of God
• Passport, visa and reciprocity fees
• Costs associated with Special Travel Arrangements
IV. PRICE VALIDITY
Based on exchange rates and land costs, all prices are subject to increase before the time of booking. All prices are in U.S. dollars. For current pricing, please see our website. While Company makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of its publications, it cannot be held responsible for typographical or printing errors (including prices).
V. GROUP TRAVEL
Tours are designed for 18 to 34-year-olds, as reflected in the pacing, accommodations, activities, and other aspects of the tour. The Company strives to keep program prices low to provide Customer unique travel opportunities without lowering the overall quality. Group travel allows all travelers to pool expenses and defray individual costs of transportation, tour guides, sightseeing tours, accommodations, and other expenses. In the event of low enrollments, Company reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a tour. In this event, Company will offer Customer a comparable tour and/or departure date with a sufficient number of travelers. If neither of these options is available, Customer will be entitled to a refund of all monies paid.
VI. ITINERARY MODIFICATIONS
To make improvements to Customer’s tour itinerary or in the event of unforeseen circumstances, Company may make necessary changes. Company reserves the right to amend your itinerary prior to Customer departure and while on tour. Reasons that may necessitate an itinerary change include but are not limited to local or national holidays, special events, severe weather, road closures, or other unexpected conditions. The company will make every effort to minimize inconvenience for the Customer; however, such circumstances may require adjustments such as changing the order in which cities are visited on your itinerary or altering Customer’s length of stay in a city or country. Other possible changes include departure, arrival or return dates. On certain days, especially holidays and special events, some tour inclusions—such as (but not limited to) historical sites, museums, castles, churches, and shops—may be closed or allow limited access. If Company is unable to adjust the itinerary to accommodate for local access restrictions to attractions, Company will substitute different inclusions or provide a refund for any missed activity after the tour. If Customer’s enjoyment is diminished by such minor limitations, it is Customer’s responsibility to check with the respective national tourist organizations before selecting a tour and travel date. Should Customer choose not to travel on a modified itinerary, Customer shall be subject to cancellation charges. If Customer wishes to change the date or destination of Customer’s tour, Company must be notified 180 days before departure to avoid additional fees. Changes may not be accepted after this time.
The customer is encouraged to book reservations as soon as possible at www.globalizedcitizen.com because tours tend to fill up quickly, and registrations are processed on a “first-come, first served” basis. It is recommended that Customer enrolls at least 180 days before departure; enrollments submitted after this deadline require an additional fee (see Late Enrollment section.) At the time of booking, Customer should provide complete first, middle and last names and date of birth as they appear (or will appear) on Customer’s passport; this information will be used to reserve Customer accommodations, and it is Customer’s responsibility to ensure accuracy. If Customer has not yet applied for a passport, Customer should provide your full name and date of birth as they appear on your birth certificate.
Name correction: After registration is complete, Company strongly recommends that Customer reviews their online account to ensure that Customer’s full passport name and date of birth are reflected accurately. If Customer needs to make any changes to this information, it is your responsibility to notify Company by 180 days before your scheduled departure.
Rebooking: If Customer would like to modify the date or destination of their tour, Customer must notify Company in writing of this request by 180 days before the departure date for the tour on which Customer is presently enrolled. Customer’s request is subject to approval based on space available for the new trip to which Customer would like to rebook. Once approved, the Customer account will be adjusted to reflect the details and the current price of the new tour. The customer is responsible for paying the full balance reflected on Customer’s updated account. Company’s standard cancellation policy will apply based on the departure date of the newly selected tour.
VIII. LATE ENROLLMENTS
If Customer enrolls 179 days or fewer before departure, Customer must pay a non-refundable $100 late registration fee as well as any additional costs incurred to secure Customer’s late reservation with hotels and other suppliers. Customer’s reservation is pending while we check availability. If Company can secure a place for Customer on tour, Customer will receive notification confirming that Customer’s reservation is complete, the $100 fee is assessed, and Company’s standard cancellation fees then apply. Should Customer’s reservation incur additional costs for land suppliers, a Company Trip Consultant will contact Customer to discuss your options. If Customer declines to pay the additional vendor fees, or if Company is unable to secure Customer’s place on tour due to availability restrictions, Customer will receive a full refund and pending reservation will be canceled.
IX. PASSPORTS AND VISAS
It is Customer‘s responsibility to review entry requirements for the countries Customer will visit on tour, and obtain any necessary travel documents, including a passport and any applicable visas, before departure. If Customer is unable to get these travel documents for any reason, Company’s standard cancellation policy will apply. Please be sure Customer passport is valid for at least six (6) months after your tour ends. Non-U.S. citizens especially will need to contact the embassy and/or consulate of their destination countries to ensure they meet specific entry requirements. Remember to check the itinerary carefully for all countries that will be visited (including countries visited in transit). Visit the U.S. Department of State at travel.state.gov for further information.
X. TRAVEL INSURANCE
Customer may protect his/her investment from the unexpected with the offered TravelProtection. Designed specifically with Company travelers in mind, this plan provides cancellation protection, on-tour accident and sickness coverage, and other benefits for covered reasons during the official portion of Customer’s tour. Learn more about the plan offered, the period of coverage, and other terms and conditions at www.globalizedcitizen.com/travel-insurance. Travel Protection is non-refundable and does not extend coverage for independent travel that is not part of your official tour, such as travel before or after the scheduled dates of your tour (such as Special Travel Arrangements.)
XI. FLIGHT INFORMATION
Flights delayed or canceled by Airline: Company is not responsible for airline schedule changes, personnel strikes impacting service, flight cancellations, or airline delays due to weather, mechanical requirements, capacity, or any other reason. If Customer’s flight is delayed or canceled, it is Customer’s responsibility to work directly with the airline to get reprotected on a new itinerary as needed. Once your new flight is confirmed, Customer must then notify Company with your updated arrival time. If Customer is arriving later than the originally scheduled arrival date, Customer may not be met by a Company representative at the airport. If this is the case, Customer will be responsible for making Customer’s transportation arrangements from the airport to the nearest specified accommodation on Customer’s itinerary. The company is not liable for costs associated with a flight delay or cancellation, such as (but not limited to) hotels, meals, or additional airline charges. In the event an airline delay or cancellation causes Customer to miss time on tour, Customer will not be reimbursed for missed portions of the trip, including but not limited to accommodations, meals, excursions or sightseeing tours. Please note that the Company handles all ground transportation to specified accommodations during the tour. If it is necessary for Company to change or cancel your travel program in any way (see the Itinerary Modifications section), Customer is responsible for altering flight plans accordingly and any costs that result from such changes or cancellations.
XII. SPECIAL TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
If Customer requests to customize the itinerary, options are subject to availability and Customer is responsible for any additional costs incurred. Please note that the Company cannot accommodate requests to arrive after the scheduled start of the tour or to depart before the scheduled end of the tour. Any Special Travel Arrangement is personal travel time, without the services of a Tour Director or the company of your tour group. The company is unable to recommend or book accommodations, airport transfers, sights or transportation between cities during Customer Special Travel Arrangements. The customer is responsible for making all of these arrangements on his/her own and the associated costs. Submitting a request for a Special Travel Arrangements: Customer can request a Special Travel Arrangements online at www.globalizedcitizen.com/special-travel-arrangements upon enrollment or before 180 days before departure through your online account. If Company can confirm your request for a Special Travel Arrangements, your online account will reflect Customer’s new travel dates.
Special Travel Arrangements Terms & Conditions:
• The company cannot guarantee they will be able to accommodate Customer request for a Special Travel Arrangements. Options are subject to availability and additional costs, which are the responsibility of the Customer. If Company is unable to accommodate Customer’s Special Travel Arrangements request, Company’s standard cancellation fees still apply.
• Additionally, please note that if Customer is traveling with a friend or party who has not made the same Special Travel Arrangements, Customer will most likely not be on the same itinerary due to your differing travel dates and/or destinations; this is to be expected even if Customer is traveling from the same domestic home gateway.
• If you purchase Travel Protection through Company, the plan does not provide coverage during any Special Travel Arrangements days. See www.globalizedcitizen.com/travel-insurancefor official information from the insurance provider about the period of coverage.
• If Customer books Special Travel Arrangements and in doing so elected to alter the arrival or departure dates in any way, Company is unable to arrange airport transfers for Customer; Customer is then responsible for arranging his/her transportation to the first accommodation at the beginning of tour and back at the end of tour. To qualify for an airport transfer at the beginning of tour, Customer must arrive from your domestic home gateway to your tour’s international gateway on the scheduled start date as published. To qualify for an airport transfer at the end of tour, Customer must depart back to Customer’s domestic gateway from your tour’s final gateway on the scheduled end date.
• It is Customer’s responsibility to review the published itinerary and to make his/her arrangements to arrive in time for the first scheduled hotel overnight and tour activities, and to depart following the scheduled end date. Please review the itinerary closely as tour activities often begin on day 2 or day 3 of the itinerary as specified, based on time zone differences and travel times to said destination from your domestic home gateway.
• If Customer books their tour fewer than 180 days before departure, Customer must submit your Special Travel Arrangements request at the time of enrollment.
• It is Customer’s responsibility to review the Special Travel Arrangements for accuracy. Changes or additional requests must be submitted before 180 days before departure. At 180 days before departure, all Special Travel Arrangements requests are considered final. After this point, changes to travel dates, destination cities, or any other adjustments are subject to penalties or fees determined by the airline; Customer is responsible for any such costs.
Accommodations: To align with the interests of the young adult traveler and to provide our travelers with the best overall value, Company arranges accommodations in 3-4 star hotels, villas, and apartment style hotels. All of the properties are either centrally located or are otherwise located close to public transportation for access to the city center; Company does not guarantee that accommodations will be in the city-center. Standard Rooming: Standard rooming, which is included in the price of the trip, is up to six people per room. Customer will be staying in twin, double, shared double, or bunk beds, with other Company travelers of the same gender from your group. Each room will have a private bathroom which is to be shared among roommates. Roommates are chosen randomly unless a traveler requests a specific roommate; see the next section for details about submitting roommate preferences. Please note: any roommate or rooming upgrade request must be submitted no later than 60 days before departure.
Roommate Request: Customer may request roommates at www.globalizedcitizen.com/ roommate-request upon enrollment or through Customer online account until 180 days before departure.
Private Room Upgrade: Company offers two options for a Private Room Upgrade:
1.) Customer may request to be placed with a traveling companion in private rooming.
2.) Customer may request a single room (without a roommate.)
Both types of upgrade requests are subject to availability at all accommodations on tour, and cannot be guaranteed. All Private Room Upgrade requests must be submitted before 180 days prior to departure via your online account. Please note that certain tours do not allow for Private Room Requests due to availability constraints at the accommodations used. If Company is unable to accommodate the request due to availability constraints (see “What is a Private Room Upgrade” section directly above), a Company Trip Consultant will contact you to discuss your options. Customer can also submit a Private Room Upgrade request via Customer online account until 180 days prior to scheduled tour departure. After submission of Company request, the associated charges will be added to Customer account indicating that Company has received the request and are reviewing availability. In the event that Company is unable to accommodate Customer’s upgrade preference due to availability, a Company Trip Consultant will notify Customer. Customer account will be automatically adjusted to reflect Standard Rooming, and the upgrade costs will be removed from Customer account. Should Customer decide to cancel at this time, Company’s standard cancellation policy would apply. In order to process an upgrade with a specific traveling companion, it is required that both travelers submit separate requests through their online account. Rooming style for this type of upgrade will consist of either twin, double, or shared double beds.
The following additional charges apply for Private Room Upgrades with one roommate:
$35 per accommodation per night per traveler
In order to process an upgrade for a single individual, traveler must submit a request through their online account. Rooming style for this type of upgrade will consist of either a twin or double bed. Sleeping Arrangements: Overnight ferries provide cabins. These contain up to six fold-out beds that come down from the wall. Private Rooming Upgrades and/or private bathrooms may not be available on overnight ferries. On rare occasions sleeping cabins on overnight ferries may not be exclusive to Company travelers and may be mixed gender.
XIV. OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS
In order to provide choice and flexibility to our travelers, Company offers these activities (for a supplemental cost) in addition to what is already included on the itinerary. If Customer chooses not to participate in an optional excursion, Customer will have free time. Optional excursions require a minimum number of participants in order to tour; minimum enrollment requirements vary for each excursion and are subject to change. If Customer excursion is canceled by Company due to low enrollment, Customer will be refunded post tour for the amount previously paid to book that particular excursion.
Purchasing Optional Excursions: To secure a discounted price and guarantee Customer’s place on the excursion, most optional excursions need to be purchased by 99 days prior to departure. The majority of excursions can also be purchased on tour at a slightly higher price. However, exact booking deadlines for each excursion may vary and Company recommends that Customer carefully reviews our website for optional excursion details. For example, there are a few optional excursions that must be purchased before tour no later than 99 days before scheduled tour departure. Some optional excursions also have limited capacity, and reservations will be processed on a “first-come, first served” basis. Please note that excursion prices and booking deadlines are subject to change. Refunds for Optional
Refunds for Optional Excursions: In the event that Company cancels an optional excursion due to low enrollment or for any other reason, Customer will receive a full refund for the excursion after returning home from tour. To receive a refund for an excursion that you simply no longer wish to be enrolled in, Customer must let Company know by 99 days prior to departure or no refund will be given.
Tour Cancellation or Modification: Company retains the right to cancel, modify or delay the tour as a result of unforeseeable events that are beyond Company’s reasonable control, including but not limited to, acts of God, war (whether declared or undeclared), terrorist activities or threats of terrorists activities, instability in a destination country, incidents of violence, public health issues or quarantine or threats of public health issues, substantial currency fluctuations, strikes, government restrictions, fire or severe weather conditions, or any other reason that makes it impossible or commercially unreasonable or impracticable in the sole opinion of Company to conduct the tour as originally contracted. If Company cancels the tour for any such reason, you will receive a future travel voucher for all monies paid, less the $200 non-refundable deposit and any additional non-refundable fees. Cancellation by Company for causes described in this section shall not be a violation of its obligations to any Customer.
Refunds: Refunds will either be mailed via check or credited back to the card used to make the original payment. Refunds via check will be issued in the name that appears on the traveler’s account. Please allow four weeks for a refund to be executed. Refunds can only be made back to the same card or checking account used previously, and only up to the amount previously paid on that specific card or checking account. There will be a non-refundable $35 stop payment fee for lost refund checks.
Lost Belongings: Company is not responsible for loss of passports, airline tickets or other documents, or for loss of or damage to luggage or any other belongings. The customer is solely responsible for all logistical and financial requirements necessary to replace lost belongings and personal documents.
Leaving a Tour Early: For customers who did not purchase Travel Protection: If Customer elects to leave the tour early due to loss of interest, sickness, or other personal reasons, Customer is responsible for any additional costs incurred by interrupting the tour. This includes, but is not limited to, any return flights and other additional costs such as those associated with transportation, accommodations, and meals. Customer will not be reimbursed for any missed portions of the tour resulting from Customer interruption.
For customers who purchased Travel Protection: If Customer purchased travel protection and interrupts tour for a reason covered under the policy guidelines, Customer is eligible to submit a claim to the insurance provider for additional transportation costs and for reimbursement of unused land or water travel arrangements. Please see www.globalizedcitizen.com for further details about the plan offered. All non-refundable fees, as outlined in the Cancellation Policy section, are considered Used Fees and are not eligible for reimbursement. All claims and benefits decisions are entirely at the discretion of the insurance provider. If Customer purchased Travel Protection and needs to interrupt tour for a reason not covered by the policy, Company will not reimburse for missed portions of the trip that Customer already paid for, including but not limited to costs associated with accommodations, meals, excursions and sightseeing tours.
Dietary Restrictions and Food Allergies: Company recognizes that some travelers may have dietary restrictions or severe food allergies. Please make your Company Trip Consultant aware of any needs, and Company will do our best to ensure that our suppliers are informed of your dietary requirements. However, Company cannot guarantee that all requests will be accommodated. The customer is responsible for making his/her own arrangements for all special meals for the entire trip. The Company is in no way responsible for supplying special foods.
Travel Warnings: Company will not operate any tour to a location where travel is advised against by an active U.S. Department of State Travel Warning. In the event the U.S. Department of State issues a formal Travel Warning within 60 days of your departure, stating that Americans should not travel to any location or locations included in the tour itinerary, Customer may change the travel dates of your current tour or work with Company to select a new tour. If the new tour has a higher price, Customer will be required to pay the difference as a condition of traveling.
XVI. PAYMENT PLAN TERMS & CONDITIONS
AUTOMATIC PAYMENT PLAN
• Customer must select a payment method of either direct debit from a checking account or an ATM/debit card.
• A minimum of two automatic payments is required.
• Customers who are not eligible for the Automatic Payment Plan must pay in full upon enrollment.
• Please note: if Customer would like to enroll in the Automatic Payment Plan with only two scheduled payments, a non-refundable deposit of $750 is required at the time of booking. In all other cases, the deposit required is $200
• Due to weekends and holidays, Company reserves the right to debit the Customers’ account up to three days after the scheduled date.
• The Automatic Payment Plan amounts are subject to change if tour items or payments (other than the Automatic Payment Plan) are added or removed in excess of $20. All other items or payments totaling $20 or less that are added or removed will only be reflected in the final payment.
• After the Automatic Payment Plan’s final scheduled payment, any additional items are due at time of purchase. Payments will no longer be automatically deducted.
• A non-refundable $35 fee will be assessed each time a payment is returned or declined. In these cases, the plan will be recalculated to have the missed payment redistributed across the remaining schedule. Company reserves the right to withdraw travelers from the plan for returns or declines in two consecutive payments. Should the final payment be returned or declined, Customers will automatically be withdrawn from the plan.
• If paying by debit card, a secondary debit card is recommended for backup in the event the primary card is declined. No fee will be assessed if the secondary card is approved.
XVII. CANCELLATION POLICY
The cancellation policy outlined below takes into consideration the costs Company incurs long before groups ever depart. Notice of cancellation from a Company tour will only be accepted from the Customer. The date of cancellation will be determined by the date on which Company receives notice. Notice can be submitted via email at Support@GlobalizedCitizen.com Refunds can be issued by check to the person whose name appears on the account, or issued back to the credit card(s) used to make prior payments (up to the original amount charged per credit card account). In order to qualify for refunds in accordance with Company’s standard cancellation policy, all payments must be received on time. Non-refundable service fees will be deducted from the refund amount.
Non-refundable service fees and charges: Non-refundable service fees and charges include but are not limited to: enrollment deposit, travel protection, late enrollment fees, name change fees, declined credit/ debit card fees, late payment fees, manual payment fees, returned check fees, stop payment fees, and payment processing fees which are up to 3.2% of processed payments.
XVIII. COMPANY’S STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY
The full amount paid upon enrollment is refundable if Customer cancel in writing within 48 hours of booking the tour. After 48 hours, the deposit is non-refundable and the following standard cancellation fees apply: Based on the date Company receives written notification of your cancellation, Customer will be refunded for monies paid minus the cancellation fee and any non-refundable fees. (See refund and non-refundable fee description above for more details.) In addition to notifying us of any cancellation in writing, Company also recommends Customer call so that Company can best review your options.
Days Prior to Departure
59 days or less – All monies paid
179 – 60 days: $1,500
299 – 180 days: $1,000
364 – 300 days: $500
365+ days: $200
XIX. PROTECTION FOR YOUR PAYMENTS
Customer tour money is protected in the unlikely event of Company bankruptcy, insolvency or cessation of business up to a total payout of $25,000 from the payment bond required by the State of Florida.
XX. TERMS AND PROVISIONS
The terms and provisions of these Booking Conditions supersede any other warranties, representations, terms or conditions unless they are expressly stated within a Booking Conditions Addendum or in a letter signed by a Company officer.Customer Release & Agreement Customer (or parent or guardian if the enrollee is under the age of 18) am an enrollee for a Globalized Citizen tour. By signing or electronically submitting the Customer Release & Agreement, Customer understands and agree to the following:1. Customer acknowledges and understands that this tour is marketed by Freund Enterprises, Inc. (COMPANY).
1. Customer acknowledges and understands that this tour is marketed by Freund Enterprises, Inc. (COMPANY).
2. Company and affiliated companies, partners and any companies acting on their behalf, along with their officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, agents, and authorized representatives (collectively referred herein as “Company”) do not own or operate any entity which is to or does provide goods or services for my program, including, for example, arrangements for or ownership or control over hotels, houses, apartments or other lodging facilities, tour directors, airline, vessel, bus or other transportation companies, local ground operators, visa processing services, providers or organizers of additional excursions, food service or entertainment providers, etc. Customer acknowledges that all such persons and entities, specifically the Tour Director assigned to Customer’s tour, are independent contractors and not employees of or employed by Company.
3. Without limitation, Company is not responsible for any injury, loss or damage to person or property, death, delay or inconvenience in connection with the provision of any goods or services occasioned by or resulting from, but not limited to, acts of God, force major, acts of government, acts of war or civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, strikes or other labor activities, criminal, terrorist or threatened terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of accommodations, structural or other defective conditions in houses, apartments or other lodging facilities (or in any heating, plumbing, electrical or structural problem therein), mechanical or other failure of airplanes or other means of transportation or for any failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart timely or safely, dangers associated with or bites from animals, insects or pests, sanitation problems, food poisoning, epidemics or the threat thereof, disease, lack of access to or quality of medical care, difficulty in evacuation in case of a medical or other emergency, or any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any third party, or for any other cause beyond the direct control of Company.
4. Customer agrees to release Company from, and agree not to sue Company for, any and all claims, of any nature related in any manner to my participation in a Company-sponsored tour, including but not limited to, claims for negligence, breach of contract, breach of express or implied warranties, negligence or wrongful death or any statutorily based claim. Customer hereby unconditionally and unequivocally waives any and all claims and demands for all damages, losses, costs and expenses of any nature whatsoever (including attorneys’ fees) on account of or arising out of any and all personal injury, death, bodily injury, mental anguish, emotional distress, property or other damage that Customer may suffer from any cause whatsoever related in any way to my participation in any Company-sponsored tour. Customer further agree to release Company from any and all decisions to cancel, modify or delay the tour as a result of unforeseeable events that are beyond the reasonable control of Company, that make the tour impossible or commercially unreasonable or impracticable to conduct, or which become necessary or advisable so as to increase the quality of the tour.
5. Customer acknowledges and agrees that this release includes and applies to activities not offered by Company on my tour that may be considered risky including, but not limited to, parasailing, paragliding, parachuting, skydiving, scuba and the use of motorbikes, mopeds, scooters and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs).
6. Customer understands that travel in other nations is not similar to travel within the United States. Programs outside the United States can involve inconvenience and risk, including, but not limited to, forces of nature, geographic and climatic conditions, different hygienic standards, infrastructure problems (including road maintenance, transportation delays and accommodation condition), civil unrest, vandalism, crime, political instability and terrorism. Medical services or facilities may not be readily available or available at all during all or part of a program and, if available, may not be equal to standards in my home country. Customer assumes all risk of bodily injury, death, emotional trauma, property damage, inconvenience and/or loss resulting from negligence or any other acts of any and all persons or entities, however caused, including, but not limited to, those risks mentioned above. It is Customer’s intention fully to assume all of the risks of travel and participation in the program and to release the Company from any and all liabilities to the maximum extent permitted by law.
7. Company shall have no liability or responsibility for Customer whatsoever when Customer is absent from or with Company- supervised activities or for non-Company supervised activities, such as free time, visits to friends or relatives, Special Travel Arrangements, or during stay ahead, stay-behind or any optional periods or activities when not escorted by a Tour Director.
8. Customer understands that the tour begins with Customer’s arrival at the first accommodation arranged by Company on Customer’s itinerary and ends with Customer’s departure from the final accommodation arranged by Company on Customer’s itinerary and does not include flights between cities.
9. The air carrier’s liability for loss of or damage to baggage or property, or for death or injury to person, is subject to and limited by the airlines’ contract of carriage, its tariff, the Montreal Convention or Warsaw Convention and their amendments or both.
10. Company reserves the right to refuse or cancel Customer’s registration at its sole discretion. In such event, the Standard Cancellation Policy and associated fees as outlined in the Booking Conditions apply.
11. Customer agrees to abide by Company’s regulations and the directions of Customer’s Tour Director and Company’s personnel during Customer’s tour. These regulations include but are not limited to prohibitions on hitchhiking, possession and/or usage of drugs, overindulgent alcohol consumption, disruptive actions to the tour group, damage to hotel property, or causing or threatening to cause physical harm to another person. Customer understands and agrees that Company may dismiss Customer from the tour at any time and at Customer’s sole expense for the failure to follow such rules or directions or for any other reason that Company deems in its sole discretion requires Customer’s dismissal from the tour. Customer understand that in the event Customer is dismissed from the tour for any reason, Customer waives the right to a refund of any part of Customer’s program price, and that Company may then send me home at Customer’s own expense. The company is not responsible for arranging Customer’s transport home.
12. Customer agrees to abide by all local laws when abroad, including those concerning drugs and alcohol. Customer understands that if Customer abuses or disobeys such laws, even unintentionally, Customer waives all rights to a refund of any part of the program price, and Company may send Customer home at their own expense. The customer also understands that should local authorities be involved, Customer will be subject to the laws of the country Customer is visiting. Actions resulting in incarceration will result in immediate termination from the tour, and Customer agrees to waive the right to a refund of any portion of Customer’s program price. The company is not responsible for any legal fees or arrangements.
13. If Customer becomes ill or incapacitated, Company and its independent contractors may take any action they deem necessary for Customer’s safety and well-being, including securing medical treatment and transporting me home at Customer’s own expense. The company retains the right, in its sole discretion, to contact the Emergency Contact listed on Customer’s enrollment form with regard to health issues or any matter whatsoever that relates to Customer’s tour. These rights transcend any and all privacy regulations that may apply. In the event of a medical emergency, Company will attempt to cause appropriate treatment to be administered, and Customer authorizes Company to do so. The company, however, makes no warranty that it will be able to cause effective (or any) emergency treatment to be administered or to be timely administered and Company will not be responsible for monitoring any health care that Customer may necessitate.
14. Customer understands and agrees to abide by the time scheduled by my Tour Director for departures from itinerary locations, including city departures. Failure to be on time for a scheduled departure may result in the Tour Director and tour group leaving without Customer, and Customer will have to make their own arrangements at Customer’s own expense to reconvene with the group. The company is not responsible for arranging such transportation.
15. The company has the right to make changes in tour itineraries and departure dates, and to modify transportation arrangements, including the use of substitute airlines. In the event of such changes, refunds will be given only in accordance with the provisions of the Booking Conditions for the tour.
16. It is Customer’s responsibility to secure the necessary travel documents (e.g., passport and visa[s]) for all locations on my tour (including locations visited during transit) unless specifically arranged for the group by Company. Failure to do so does not constitute grounds for a refund except as provided in the Standard Cancellation Policy outlined in the Booking Conditions.
17. The company is not responsible for the loss of passports, airline tickets, or other documents, or for loss of or damage to luggage or any other passenger belongings. In the case of a lost paper airline ticket or missing Company booked flight, Customer acknowledges that Customer is solely responsible for meeting the airline’s requirements (both logistical and financial) for ticket replacement.
18. Customer will be required to pay for any phone calls or incidental personal expenses that are incurred at hotels or other accommodations, as well as for any damage Customer causes to hotel rooms, buses, or other property.
19.Customer understands and acknowledges that this tour has been designed for persons aged 18 to 34, as reflected in the pacing, content, accommodations, and other aspects of the tour.
20.This Customer Release & Agreement, and the Booking Conditions for a Company tour constitute the entire agreement between Company and Customer with reference to the subject matter herein, and Customer does not rely upon any promises, inducements or agreements not herein, including but not limited to any oral statements made to Customer by any agents, independent contractors, or employees of Company. This agreement may be amended or modified only in a writing signed by Company. The waiver by Company of any provision of this agreement shall in no way affect the remaining provisions of this agreement, and this agreement shall be interpreted as if such clause or provision were not contained herein.
21.This agreement and performance hereunder shall be governed in all respects, by the substantive laws of the State of Florida. In the event of any claim, dispute or proceeding arising out of my relationship with Company, or any claim which arises between the Parties, whether or not related to this agreement, the literature for the trip or the trip itself, it shall be resolved solely in courts located in Orange County, State of Florida.
22.Company may use any photographic, film, digital, or video likeness taken of Customer, any of Customer’s comments while on a Company tour, and any of Customer’s photographic, film, digital, or video content shared by Customer with Company through any format for future publicity or marketing without compensation to Customer and also may use Customer’s contact information for future Company promotions.